Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Anticipation of July

As we get ready to say goodbye to June 2011, we are eagerly looking forward to July. June was a pretty good month for the Broughton family - Caroline and Jack finished Second Grade with Honors, while Lauren continues to do well in Preschool, and I had a wonderful Father's Day, special thanks to my beautiful and loving wife and wonderful kids! I have to say though, June went fast!!!

July will be another fun-filled, exciting month for us --- the kids are anxiously awaiting the arrival of their cousins from CA along with a special visit from my parents. This house will be bustling with activity and people, starting next Monday all the way through until the 17th. My brother and his wife moved the family to CA 3 years ago and the kids have only seen each other once since then. They last time they saw each other was Thanksgiving 2009. We haven't yet made the trip to CA yet as a family, but I have actually been 3 times (for work) since they moved out there. The kids do ask us "when can we go to CA?" I wish it were that easy to just pick up, buy the tickets, and go. Regardless, it is going to be fun and we will no doubt be creating some great memories for the kids. I can't wait to see my brother and his family as well as my parents. It should be a good time. I know after this visit, it will be our turn and hopefully we can make a CA trip in a year or two.

Once they all leave, we will then be welcoming Stacey's grandmother and cousin for a 5 day visit. So, there will definitely be a lot to keep us busy for sure!

It really is amazing, yet scary, just how quickly time seems to be going. I recall as a child, my grandmother reminding us of this fact. She was right! There are times where I wish we could just slow down and for time to stand still for a few minutes. I hate the constant passing of time, but it is what it is and out of our control. Time is but a fleeting moment and we should definitely cherish the time we have here on this earth. With work, schedules, etc.... time slips by. There are so many things that we want to do while the kids are still young and we hope to still be able to do them; but finding the time to do it becomes an everincreasing challenge. I guess at some point we just need to stop, drop everything, and just do it! I know we are creating memories and providing things for the kids to have the best possible childhood; but as a parent, there is always more that you want to give them. I hope they will look back and realize how good they have/had it and they will appreciate all of the things we are/were able to do for them.

No comments: