Yesterday was certainly a milestone; I turned 40! My age has never really bothered me so much and I don't mind turning 40 at all. Besides, it's not like I can do anything about it anyway, LOL..... The past few days leading up to my birthday, I have spent reflecting on my life. NO, I am not going through a mid-life crisis. I am extremely happy with where I am in my life; I am blessed with a wonderful wife, three amazing kids, a job, a house, friends and family. I have nothing to complain about at all! Life has been good to me for sure.
It's just so hard to believe that I have been on this Earth for 40 years already! To me, that is a long time and I am extremely grateful for the things I have been able to do so far and I hope that I get the chance to have many more years to do a lot more things with my life. I guess I should I start my bucket list now?! HA....
Stacey surprised me with a birthday party on the 10th. I had NO clue whatsoever.... What I thought was a get together with a few close friends turned out to be a party with even more of our close friends! It was great time, I really enjoyed the party. She certainly got me!!! I feel like I have been celebrating my birthday for over a week now. This past weekend, Pops & Gigi took us out for my birthday dinner at Olive Garden (one of my favorites) and then yesterday, we celebrated at home with the kids. I appreciated all of the Facebook messages, texts, and phone calls from friends and family throughout the day. It made me realize just how truly blessed I am to have so many wonderful people in my life. I feel very fortunate to call these folks my friends! They say people come into your life for a reason and I hope all of them stay for a long time. They have enriched me in so many ways.
Now that I am 40, I want to focus on things that I can do to help make a difference. In 2012, I am going to do just that. I am going to start by donating one of my kidneys to Gigi in January (I will go more into this in another post). I want to volunteer more and expose the kids to community activism; I want to do some big things with the community garden; get more involved with the kids' school; do my first triathlon; continue increasing recycling efforts in the region; looks for ways to help the environment, and so much more. I don't intend to do all these things myself, I want Stacey and the kids alongside me every step of the way and do some of these things together as a family.
Turning 40 may be just a number, but it is a milestone and I want to do something big with this milestone. We only live once, right?! My thanks go out to the Lord who has allowed me these 40 years on this Earth and for the blessings He has given me. I pray He will allow me another 40 years and continues to guide me to be the man He has intended me to be.
Cheers to 40 great years!
No comments:
Post a Comment