Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Busy As Usual

Aunt Jennifer with the kiddos
Summer Olympics 2018?

Mikayla and Lauren at Group
Posing at Buzzy's



Here's a breakdown for ya.... Aunt Jennifer came down from Maine to visit with us Sunday and Monday. John had the day off on Monday so after my Baby Signs class and the kids gymnastics class we strolled the streets of downtown Fredericksburg, had lunch, then off to World Market for some more shopping. It was great to see her and then kids really enjoyed her visit! Thanks, Aunt Jennifer for coming to VA!!

Today I left the house at 9:15am and did not return until after 7pm. After dropping the kids off at pre-school, I joined my friends Kristin and Shelly ("Michele" to those of you who met her after 1995) for a mom-baby group sponsored by the hospital. The same group that I attended when Jack and Caroline were babies. The same group where I met and became friends with some of the greatest ladies in the world. Then it's off to one of the mom's house for some more "bonding". Then it's off to the mall to meet my mom (who graciously picked up the kids for me) and get curtains for Lauren's nursery/our sitting room area, then to Buzzy's Play area for a 15-minute SpazFest where we are the ONLY ones there (freak occurance no doubt) then it's off to wave at Santa (again) who, by the way, has no right being at that mall until AFTER Thanksgiving! The kids asked if they could take a picture with him and tell him what they wanted for Christmas. I flat out told them "not until after Thanksgiving." I refuse to even think about Christmas decorations or Santa pictures until after I have stuffed myself with turkey and dressing. Call me old fashioned! ("Poppycock & FiddleFaddle, Diana!) Then it's off to Costco for a pee break and soda stop (in reverse order) then Macy's for jeans, a quick bottle feeding for Lauren, then to Outback to meet John, Pops, and Uncle Scotty to celebrate his (gulp) 39th birthday. Are you tired yet? I am. All is quiet on the Broughton Front and it's time for me to call it a night. SO....."night." I'm outta here til next time....

2 comments:

manda said...

I missed the entire mom group bonding experience because of our NICU experience. Cindy happily went of and became entrenched in a group after the birth of Alex, and I've been left all alone, group less. I've since tried to be adopted by the spin off groups, and it just hasn't worked. I feel like a senior year transfer. I'm the weird girl. So, do you take J&C with you to the meetings? I want to have friends! I want to bond! To do things!

Diana and Tracy Wheeler said...

and horsefeathers too!