Monday, March 17, 2008
Regional Green Government Commission
So, I am really excited about this! The City of F'burg, Stafford, Spotsylvania, Caroline and King George Counties have joined forces to identify how to make the area more energy efficient and environmentally responsible. Today was the first meeting where we talked about particular areas of focus for the Commission. Ideas ranged from increase recycling initiatives, tree plantings, 'greening' up Central Park, issues on low impact development, consumer education, and much more. I am really excited to be part of the beginning stages to what could turn out to be a huge impact for this region. It's exciting to see this region finally taking a look at what its impact has been environmentally and working toward becoming more proactive in finding solutions. The folks on this Commission are good people and will have a great deal to offer. We all want to do the right thing; it's just a matter of working together to get it done. I feel that because I work for the state energy office and given my background that I have a lot to offer to this Commission. Plus, it allows me to rub elbows with the right people as I do eventually want to pursue a political position at some point in my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good for you. I remember the paper in college I copied from you. It was about the great white wolf I believe.
I can see you as a Politician. I can say I knew him when..........
Take Care, Oh I love that belly laugh of Laurens........She is so adorable.
This may be a dumb question, but does it cost anything to take stuff to the recycling place? I ask because I know you have to pay for the dump. In CT, recycling is mandatory, you're fined for not doing it (where I lived anyway) so I was disappointed that it's not here, but didn't know what do with my stuff since no one picks it up with the garbage (like in CT)
Post a Comment