Okay, so call me crazy, but a few weeks ago my friend Ron talked me into running this relay race with him and I in turn, talked my friend/neighbor Chris to running it as well. This relay race starts in Cumberland, MD and ends at Haines Point in DC. It is a total of 183 miles, and our team of 10 will take turns running three legs of this race. I will be running about 16 miles. The other kicker to this..... it starts next Friday at Noon and you run through the day and night and end on Saturday! What the hell am I thinking, right?! It sounded like fun at the time and it still does. It will be neat to participate in this. I have been running, but I am not feeling too confident about my abilities right now. I have been experiencing some pain issues with my feet, so I am going to see a Podiatrist on Friday.
The same thing happened back in '01 when I was training for the Baltimore Marathon. I over pronate my feet (meaning that my feet curve inward when I walk/run). I may need to get myself some 'special shoes' like Forrest Gump! HA.
I am excited about it and it should be fun. Wish me luck, I still have another week to train and get myself ready.
1 comment:
WOW, YOU GO FOR IT. I COULDN'T RUN TO THE END OF THE BLOCK.....THEY WOULD NEED TO REVIVE ME. LOL
RUN FOREST RUN!!!LOL GOOD LUCK I'LL BE THINKING OF YOU AND THANKING GOD IT'S NOT ME.LMAO
Post a Comment