Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year 2010!!

Happy New Year everyone! We hope that 2010 will be filled with joy, peace, happiness and prosperity for everyone out there. Although 2009 has come and gone, we are certainly looking forward to what this year will hold for the Broughton family. We have many blessings to be thankful for and are grateful for the wonderful friends and families we have in our lives. We love all of you.

As with last year, we are trying to find ways to lessen our impact on the environment. Last year, we gave up paper towels. This year, we are going to start composting and will begin switching over from regular milk to soy milk. As always, I will also spend the year looking at ways to reduce our energy use in the house. My next major household project will be to use some of our tax refund to buy more insulation to add in our attic.

As many of you know, we were fortunate enough to have snow, which arrived on Dec. 19th (my birthday!) and the snow stuck around through Christmas. So... I got a white birthday and white Christmas this year! I was very excited. We stayed home this year (but will spend xmas next year in VT), and had a wonderful Christmas with Pops, Gigi & Uncle Scotty. Thank you to those who sent gifts to the kids. They loved all their toys.

New Years was a lot of fun as well. Our neighborhood HOA held a NYE party at our clubhouse and a few of our neighbors along with some of our F'burg friends came down to ring in the new year with us. It was a blast. Of course, the next morning, I was reminded that I just can't stay up late, nor recover like I used to! HA HA. It was certainly a memorable NYE and thanks to our friends who made the evening so much fun.

We will continue to update our blog as often as we can, but with Facebook, most of our updates usually go there. I still love using our blog and know that many still come to stay in touch with us. We hope that 2010 will be a good year for all of us. God Bless....

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I've been really slow with the blogging thing but don't let FB take you over! The blog is like your diary - there to look back on and treasure! I love reading it so don't stop! happy new year! I plan to be a better blogger!

Tamra said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!