Saturday, January 30, 2010

Weekend Update

This weekend we have found ourselves 'hunkering down' for the weekend. We knew a winter storm was coming, but didn't imagine the amount of snow we would be getting. I would say by now we easily have about a foot of fresh snow! We've been out to play in it twice already today and the kids are eager to go out again tomorrow. The snow will be better to play in and they should be able to make a snowman and hopefully we can go sledding. We have a few good hills nearby in the neighborhood that are good for sledding.

While we were out earlier today, I noticed that we were the ONLY ones out! I couldn't beleive it. I was actually disappointed and saddened by that because it's not very often we get snow here and you would think kids would relish being out and playing. I guess I just have a different sense of what it's like to be outside. It seems like kids don't want to be outside anymore. Yes, it is a bit cold today, but.... for goodness sakes, come on out and experience the joy of nature and the fun of playing in the snow. I want Jack, Caroline, and Lauren to have that same feeling. I am glad they wanted to go out and play in it!

It certainly has been a surprise winter for us this year to see all this snow! Being born and raised in Vermont, this is definitely a treat for me! :)

School will probably be cancelled on Monday! HA LOL

2 comments:

manda said...

Ada begged all day to go out in it, and I finally convinced Jason to let her. It was 18 degrees- just a wee bit cold. The girls came back in chapped and wind burnt. The snow will be here for a while.

Unknown said...

I am so thankful that my kids love to be outside, this snow they didnt last as long b/c it was so cold but that last snow they were out for hours at a time. In the spring and fall they will stay outside all day, I normally have to make them come and eat!!enjoy all the snow, I know we are!!