We have spent that last two weekends traveling from here to there and we are not even done yet! Last weekend, the Huff family invited us to Ocean City and we had a great time. We arrived on Friday and spent the evening just hanging out and letting the kids play. We did manage a quick walk along the beach for a bit and enjoyed watching the tide come in. The weather didn't cooperate for us on Saturday; after only an hour on the beach, a storm rolled in which brought us all inside for the afternoon. We were able to use the indoor pool for a bit, which helped keep the kids entertained for a while. The rest of the afternoon was pretty much spent inside the condo. Sunday was a great day and we took full advantage of it! We spent from 9 - 2 at the beach. We built a little makeshift fort around our spot, which we dubbed "FORT BRUFF". While Julia and Lauren played in the sand, the twins (T, C, J & C) became pros on the body boards. This was the best $5.00 ever spent! They couldn't tear themselves away enough from the water. They were having so much fun 'catching waves' and really got the hang of surfing. It was great to watch them.
Have you ever found yourself just watching your kids and wishing you could just freeze time for a moment to capture the very moment you are in?! I found myself at times wanting to do just that. I didn't want anything to change...life was great at that very moment...I was surrounded by my family....hanging out with great friends....relishing the moment and reflecting on life in general. I didn't want it to end.
However, as we all know, life goes on and I couldn't freeze time (much to my dismay) and it was time to pack it in and head back home. Caroline and I had the great privilege of being able to fly back home with Scott and Tyler, while the rest of the gang headed on the great ole highway. It was a cool ending to a great weekend. Flying over Ocean City to Stafford was great. Pops & Gigi picked us up (big thanks to them).
Now we are in Gatlinburg, TN for an extended weekend and a family reunion. I will save that for another post in a few days so we can also upload pictures. Then it's back on the road to Vermont for my 20th high school reunion in 3 weeks. Looking forward to that for sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment