Monday, October 25, 2010

Keeping the Blog Alive

Stacey and I were commenting over the weekend about how we have really slacked off on trying to post on the blog more consistently. With Facebook dominating our every up-to-the-minute updates, we tend to forget about our Blog. We really need to do a better job for sure. We haven't nearly posted this year as we have the last two years.

Overall, things are going well for the family.....we have been busy this Fall trying to take advantage of some of the local harvest festivals. We love going to these and we always have so much fun. We went to three this month (Clark's Farm, Graves Mtn., and Ashland Berry Farm). Each offered its own little slice of uniqueness and it gets all of us into the Fall season and Halloween.

Jack had another great flag football season. His team ended the season with 4-2-1; not too bad. He really enjoys football! This year we decided to join my sister's Football Pool and that makes for a great Sunday (only if we have more wins than losses though!). Jack is now retired from flag, and will be playing tackle next year.

Caroline enjoyed Cheerleading; although I think the squad only had a chance to cheer at 4 games. It was a little disappointing to pay all this money, practice once a week, and then only cheer 4 games?! From my experience in dealing with Caroline County P&R, they didn't seem to really have their act together this year. We'll see what the P&R have to offer this Spring. We wish there was more to offer girls though. Seems like the sports here are definitely geared more toward boys. Caroline has recently expressed interest in Girl Scouts, so we are now looking into this for her. Hope she enjoys it.

Lauren is definitely finding her way as a three year old! She absolutely LOVES preschool and is becoming quite an active toddler. Where have these three years gone?

As for us, Stacey has adjusted going back to work and I am settling into the new job. I've been traveling quite a bit, which has been tough, but it should slow down in the next few weeks. Hard to believe the year is coming to a close so soon. We are looking forward to Halloween! Our family LOVES Halloween. Wait until you see our costumes! LOL :)

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Hey John, I saw your post on my blog. Yeah, this last year came and went and I did very little blogging. Then i realized I missed it - didn't have much to go back and look at and read. I missed that. So I'm doing better. Hope the new job is going well. I'm working for Cynthia Simonson now from home and its going well. Its nice to be back at donig stuff I'm familiar with. So far so good. You mentioned STacy is adjusting to work - did she go back to work - not doing stroller strides or signing classes anymore?