Saturday, October 2, 2010

I Love October

This is my favorite time of year for several reasons. First and foremost we start the month off celebrating the twins' birthdays. As many of you know I was on bedrest for a total of 12 weeks before they made their entrance into this world. I spent 9 weeks in the hospital and another 3 weeks at home before they arrived. So having them born healthy with no complications was such a blessing. Second, I love this weather. Crisp, cool mornings where you can open the windows and enjoy the fresh air all day. At night, it gets just cold enough to put a blanket on the bed, but you can still leave the windows open. I also love decorating this time of year. The bold fall colors or red, orange, yellow, and brown are everywhere. People start decorating their houses with pumpkins, scarecrows, haystacks, and other fall ornaments. The leaves start changing. There's fun weekends full of pumpkin patches, hay rides, apple harvest festivals, all leading up to Halloween which is one of my favorite holidays. That's when the real fun starts. We dress up every year and this year is no exception. We've got a great surprise for everyone this year too. Our costumes are going to be awesome! We go all out with the decorations and festivities. My mom gets into the spirit as well. We have the perfect neighborhood for trick-or-treating too. And it's been a tradition to go over to our neighbor's house after the last kids have made their rounds for cnady to have a potluck dinner with pulled turkey and stuffing over rolls. That ends out of month, but then prepares us for November, Thanksgiving, and of course, Christmas!!! So if I said it once, I've said it a million times...I LOVE OCTOBER. Hope everyone takes a moment to enjoy this time with friends, family, and loved ones! God Bless!

No comments: