As with each new year, we all start fresh with a new list of resolutions and changes we want to make in our lives. Exercise more, eat healthier, get out of debt, etc.... How many of us really stick to these resolutions?! I for one have vowed to do a better job at sticking to mine and I think Stacey is on board with me. We have talked about a few changes and things we want to do this year and hopefully we will end up doing them.
We frequently get caught up in daily tasks and responsibilities to the point where our days slip away faster than we wish they would. All too often we take life’s precious and fleeting gift for granted not realizing how quickly everything can change. I hope that this year, Stacey and I will work toward not letting ourselves get caught up in our daily tasks and responsibilities and really focus on what is important and right in front of us! My main priority and resolution-focus this year is to be a better husband and father and making sure they are taken care of FIRST and foremost.
Stacey and I recently joined the new couples class at our church on Wednesday nights and we have made a commitment to do a better job at being more involved with our church, not just for ourselves, but for the kids. This class really helped to remind me what the Bible states about the man's role in the house. I admit that I have not done a great job at bringing the Bible and God into the house. In talking together, Stacey and I began praying with the kids each morning before they go off to school and we start our day. Anyone with families know all too well how caught up we get in the hustle and bustle of the mornings. Before we walk out the door - we take a moment to pray. I'd say so far, it has worked out great! I plan on doing more of this through 2010.
Focus on what's right in front of me and stop worrying about the small stuff! That is my main resolution for this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment