Friday, February 24, 2012

February Update

Wow, has it really been almost a month since our last post?! Like January, February flew by as well.... I spent the earlier part of the month continuing with my recovery and am pleased to report that I feel great! I still can't believe that I am walking around with one kidney and that Gigi has my other one... it's still all so surreal to me. It's been an amazing experience, it really has and I am grateful that I was able to do this for Gigi. I ended up losing 10 lbs, which I will now try to regain. I am at about 100% back to my self in terms of energy level. I've had a few follow up appointments since the transplant and everyone is very pleased with things turned out. Gigi continues to do well also and makes her weekly trips to the doctor for checkups. I continue to hope and pray that my kidney will work for many years!

Aside from my recovery, the kids have been busy this month as well. Jack just finished his winter league of soccer; He played very well and usually would score at least once in each game. Although they won't walk away with a very stellar record, he was able to build his skill these last couple of months, continued to grow in the sport, and is already looking forward to the spring league. Caroline is extremely busy with Girl Scouts, tap-ballet, and cheer; She enjoys doing all three. Girl Scouts keeps her the busiest and it will surely get busier now that we are about to venture into GS Cookie season! Oh boy..... Lauren is having a blast with tumbling/gymnastics. She loves going and always has so much fun.

They are all doing very well in school, thankfully. Hard to believe 1/2 the school year is already over...... They literally only have like 15 weeks left of school. Could time GO any faster?! We had parent-teacher conferences a few weeks ago and had the opportunity to speak to their teachers on certain focus areas and have been very pleased with each of their teachers. Their school really rocks! We love it.

Stacey has really done an amazing job this past month holding down the fort (house) during my recovery. On top of work and meetings, she has managed to keep everything together. She's been the best!

We never really got much of a winter this year (totally bummed!), but we did get one minor snowstorm which gave us about 4" of snow and a snowday for the kids. It was fun while we had it and we enjoyed it for the little time it stuck around. We are now anxiously awaiting the arrival of Spring, which means it will soon be time to start this year's garden! Stacey and I spent last weekend prepping our garden bed and laid out our plans for what we want to plant. Can't wait!!!

I am back to work full time now, which means I am also back to traveling. I shouldn't complain because my last trip was back in early December and I really don't travel that much. It usually comes in waves, which require some managing on the family side, but it all works out well. I am just grateful and extremely thankful to have a job. Nothing to complain about here at all! Onward to March!

No comments: