Friday, May 25, 2012
Fredericksburg Historic Half Marathon & Semper Fred 5K
In keeping with the spirit of running races, Stacey and I ran the Historic Half (me) and Semper Fred 5K (Stacey) last Sunday. This race began 5 years ago in the Fredericksburg region and we have both wanted to run this race for a number of years now. One of my goals after the transplant was to be able to run my first 1/2 marathon. I ran 2 marathons before (pre kids), and it's been a number of years since running this level of long distance. I wanted to challenge myself after the transplant and set a goal of running this race this year. I registered that I would run it in 2 hours, but had a personal goal of 1:45. My final race time was 1:44:48!!!! I couldn't believe it, I was so psyched.
Stacey did great as well with her 5K. Her time was right around 47 minutes. She is not a runner by nature, but gosh darnit, she does it and finishes and I AM PROUD OF HER!! She has run a couple of 10K and I am trying to get her to consider doing 15K and work herself up to this challenge.
I think I will continue sticking to the 1/2 marathons. They are not that bad to run and I can easily do one. I think I am going to do 2 more this year. I would also like to look into doing a sprint triathlon.
ME and STACEY
ME and MIKE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment