Sunday, May 6, 2012

Great Train Race 2012

Racing season has begun for the Broughton family with the kids running the annual Fredericksburg Great Train Race & Caboose Run. Jack and Caroline ran the Train Race (1 mile) and Lauren ran the Caboose Run (1/4 mi). They all did great and we couldn't be more proud of our little runners. Jack came in 12th out of 86 boys in his age group with a time of 6:54 Caroline came in 71st our of 125 girls in her age group with a time of 8:53 Although the race does not time the Caboose Run, Lauren came in 13th out of her age group. We are not quite sure how many kids ran the Caboose Run. Regardless, they all did fantastic!! All around we had a great day and hopefully the kids will want to run another race this year. Stacey and I will be running the Fredericksburg 1/2 Marathon on May 20th; she is running the Semper Fred 5K and I will do the 1/2 Marathon. Can't wait! I absolutely love how the family runs together! It's great.. KIDS WITH THEIR MEDALS:
RACE BIBS AND MEDALS

No comments: