Our good friend, Diana Wheeler posted a great message this past weekend on her Blog about Christ. In her Blog, she provided a link to her cousin's website www.truemanhood.com. I was intriqued by it and started to read some of the post. One in particular really stuck out and hit a cord with me --- Fatherhood. Stacey noticed that I had been a bit short with the kids this weekend. Thank you honey for the reminder because it was nice to be reminded and to take a step back for a moment to reflect on my actions and behavior and realize the impact it has on the kids. Well, the Fatherhood entry that I read this morning helped. These are not my words and I give credit to David for them and thank him for reminding me about the true meaning of fatherhood/parenthood.
"Our witness in the world to others around us is a huge responsibility. Not only could this father have been a great example to Henry, he could have been a great example to me. Maybe the father didn’t know I was watching and listening. Either way, make certain that YOU are acting in a way that, no matter what the situation is, you are setting an example to others around you. This example should be one of love, the love that Christ exampled for us." Is there anything greater than that?!
1 comment:
That post of his really struck me too. David is so wise beyond his years. It's so funny for me to look back and remember him being a young teenager when I lived with them during the summers when I was in college. Now he's a husband and father and has such profound thoughts in that beautiful head of his!
Post a Comment