Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tough Love

Well, it's time to show Lauren a little bit of tough love. She continues to wake up in the middle of the night wanting a bottle ---- at 18 mos! Reluctantly, we continue to give it to her so that she can fall back asleep and so can we. Last night, however, was the last straw. Stacey and I both realize that this needs to stop. After we gave her a SMALL bottle, she proceeded to cry and cry; man, was she MAD! I went to the basement and Stacey slept in Jack's bed. We know that there is no reason for this to continue; Lauren has just gotten used to it and that is our fault. This should have ended months ago. Wish us luck and if you have any tips, feel free to post them. Hopefully this phasing out of a nightly bottle will only last a few nights, but we'll see.

2 comments:

manda said...

Willa is a thumb sucker. I hoped she would have stopped- but no. I put a clip on the end of her shirt so she couldn't get to her thumb, and I imagine she sounded much like Lauren did last night. She's back to sucking her thumb now.

Diana and Tracy Wheeler said...

When I worried about ours holding out Tracy always said, "I've never heard of a baby that died from crying". She'll make it, remember, you're more stubborn than she is. You can win if that's what you want...