




This winter will definitely go in the VA history books for sure. We have received so much snow this year, I feel like I am back in Vermont. This is our third snowstorm this year (Dec. 19/20; Jan 30/31; and now Feb 5-7). I think so far this winter, we have received a total of almost 30 inches, this figure does not even include this weekend's storm yet.
I just finished my first round of shoveling and it looks like we have about a foot of snow so far and it just keeps coming down! The storm is supposed to end around 8:00 tonight. BUT..... we are slated for more snow next Tuesday or Wednesday.
I can't wait to go sledding tomorrow with the kids! We did a swap with the Steimer family this weekend. Caroline went to spend the weekend with the Steimers, while Andy is spending the weekend with us. So far the kids seem to be enjoying the time together. It's not easy being couped up in the house all day, for a numer of days at that too!
With last weeks storm, the kids only had 1 day of school. Can't imagine if they will even have school next week. We'll have to wait and see. In any case, they will have a lot of snow days to make up at the end of the year.
1 comment:
its exhausting but its so beautiful. Its God's way of showing us the beauty of the world around us. It also helps us slow down and enjoy the simple things of life....really simple when you end up without power for 36 hours like we did! Candlelight, fire in the fireplace and everyone sleeping together in front of the fire to keep warm. It brings about wonderful family time - we'll never forget this blizzard! Your pictures are wonderful!
Post a Comment