Monday, June 28, 2010

Three Years

Well, it is hard to believe that we have kept our blog active now for three years. I recall the very purpose behind why we started this blog. I lost my dear friend, Jenna who died of Leukemia three years ago this past weekend. She had a blog long before many of us and kept in touch with so many people through her blog. At her funeral, I recall people commenting on how connected they felt through Jenna's blog. So, when Stacey and I returned from her funeral we decided to start our own family blog. We have certainly enjoyed posting updates to keep everyone who follow us connected to our lives. I find myself going back occasionally to see where we were, what we've done, etc. It's a nice compilation of our lives and I hope to someday put our blog together in a book for the kids to look back on.

As I remember my friend Jenna, I too am reminded of how quickly life goes by and that we need to take each day and embrace it as if it were our last. We need to take the time to slow down and really appreciate what is in front of us.

No comments: