Monday, October 22, 2007

A Beautiful, Yet Busy Weekend

Wow, what a great weekend we all had! It started off on Friday night spending it with the Huffs and Steimers for our monthly gathering. We were at the Huff's house this time and all the kids were having a blast playing, while the adults hung out, ate, drank, and played a few games. Because of the Huff's generosity and kindness, we were able to spend the night and avoid having to drive home. On Saturday, we spent most of the day at the Ladysmith Inaugural Pumpkin Festival and had a wonderful time spending it with family (my brother Pat and his family joined us), and friends (the Wheelers, Steimers, and Kings). The kids played a few games and carved pumpkins. Pictures will be added soon. Later that night, I took the kids back down to see the lighting of 1,800 pumpkins! It was amazing to see all these pumpkins lit up, truly spectacular. I had the kids Saturday night, while Stacey ventured with Ann and Jen to Williamsburg for a girls overnight outing. So, the kids and I went to bed wicked early and J&C slept in the bed with me for a little slumber party. Sunday, I managed (by the grace of God) to get all three of them ready by 7:30 and head to church. I gave a speech at the 8:15 and 9:45 services about our roles as God's stewards of His creation and the start up of the Creation Care Committee. I really feel God pulling me in this direction to be His voice in educating the congregation about how we can all take better care of His creation. My passion continues to grow and if I can help influence at least one person to be a better steward, then I know I will have succeeded. I hope this Committee will continue to grow and lead our church, Spotsylvania Presbyterian Church, to be an environmental stewardship leader in the F'burg community. I am truly grateful to God for giving me the strength and courage to do this and will continue to let Him lead me down the path where we can do some amazing things.

No comments: