Sunday, April 6, 2008

John's Running Again

After a 7 year hiatus from running races, I entered myself in the Ukrop's 10K Race yesterday. I didn't train very well for it, but I actually ended up doing better than I expected. My goal was to run it in an hour, and my time ended up being 52:33!! I was very happy with that! My legs are paying the price for it now though :) Man, I'm sore. But, it was a fun race and I think I will run it again next year and will stick with doing 10K. There is no way I can do any more marathons. The Marine Corps and Baltimore Marathons ('00 and '01) were it for me. I just can't devote the time commitment to training for a marathon any more now that we have 3 kids and other life obligations. Plus, I don't think my knees could handle it anymore. I am glad I am back in it though.

No comments: