Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A New Journey

First of all, let me clarify.... no, we are not having another baby and no, we are not moving. After much discussion and weighing pros & cons, I have accepted a new job opportunity and will be leaving VA state government and going back to the private sector. I have accepted a position with MaxLite (www.maxlite.com) serving as the National Retailer-Utility Program Manager. What that means is I will be working with utilities across the country on energy efficiency lighting programs and seeking out opportunities for MaxLite to participate in these various programs. It is still dealing with the world of energy efficiency and ENERGY STAR (www.energystar.gov), which I absolutely love doing. I will be starting on April 21st. One of the perks to this job is that it will allow me to set up operations out of our home....that's right, I get to work at home! The job will require a significant amount of traveling, but we will do our best to make sure that it will be manageable for the family.

I look forward to this new chapter and want to especially thank all of my family and friends for their encouragement and support; and especially to Stacey for her continued support through all this!

2 comments:

d.ritchie said...

Congrats John....... I hope all goes well with the transition. It's so important to be doing what you beleive so strongly in, and love doing........ WOW think of the gas you will save working from home. Making your own hours. Good Luck to all of you.

Tamra said...

John,


Congratulations. That is wonderful news. Oh boy get used to adjusting to working at home LOL. It's definitely a change.

Tamra