Thursday, June 12, 2008

Regional Green Government Commission - Part 2

Some of you may recall a post back in April about me joining on as a member of the newly formed RGGC. We meet the second Monday of each month and had our June meeting this past Monday. I have to tell you, I am really encouraged by the dedication of each of the members involved and I personally am excited to be a part of this new opportunity that is starting for this area. Fredericksburg has an opportunity to be an energy efficiency and environmental leader and serve as a model for other parts of VA; much like Fairfax and Charlottesville who have done tremendous work.

So far, I have been very impressed with the local representatives who have taken an interest in doing something to make the Fredericksburg region more environmentally friendly. One project that I hope to work on is organizing an Energy Fair this fall at either The Home Depot, Lowes, or WalMart. Given my previous experience as a consultant for ENERGY STAR, I hope to use my connections with these three retailers to organize the first ever Energy Fair for this area. Should be exciting.

With this being such a new endeavor, we have a lot of great ideas and enthusiasm. I just hope the group doesn't get too overwhelmed by all of it and set its standards too high. Hopefully we can prioritize the most important items and work from there. I know we can all do something great! After all.... one small step at a time!

No comments: