Sunday, July 19, 2009

Couples Night with the Twins Club










Last night John and I attended the Twins Club annual Fiesta Dinner to celebrate the incoming and outgoing officers for the year. We used to call it the Installation Dinner, but it's turned more into just a celebration of friends over the years! We do all the official installing of officers at our August meeting now. I think about 12 couples attended this year. It's always a good time! The guys cook out the steaks, chicken, and shrimp and everyone brings a side dish or dessert to share with the crowd. It's a great opportunity for the dads to also get together and talk and socialize too. The ladies always get a chance to hang out on a monthly basis for the meetings, but this a nice chance for the couples to hang out for a night with no children interrupting. We decided to play a version of "The Newlywed Game" and wrote questions on cards like "Where did we go on our first date" and couples got points for answering correctly. It was fun and we all got learn a little more about one another in the process. We were laughing and cutting up on the back deck until about 11pm when we all decided it was probably time to head home and relieve babysitters.
I'm glad we had another successful party and I feel so blessed to have these wonderful ladies in my life.

1 comment:

Diana and Tracy Wheeler said...

It was a wonderful time! I love the picture that you took of Tracy and me- thank you! Love ya man!