Gosh where has the time gone?! We find ourselves not only in the midst of summer, but with 2009 already half over. As a family, we certainly kept ourselves busy these last six months. Stacey grew her entrepreneurial enterprise by adding Stroller Strides to her daily docket; Jack and Caroline continued to grow even more right before our eyes; Lauren became Ms. Independent; and I became more involved with the Regional Green Government's Commission. Of course, it would be remiss of me if I didn't mention how grateful I was for being surrounded by wonderful family and friends.
As you all know, Stacey launched her second business earlier this year. Although it is still a bit slow and has not fully gotten off the ground yet, Stacey loves it and has found a new niche that she is excited about. I admire her passion, determination and perseverance to make this work. I believe over time and once we get over the hurdle of our current economic crises, this business will succeed. The first year is always tough!
Our three beautiful, wonderful kids continue to keep us busy each and every day. I always say that parenthood is the toughest job you will ever have, but the most rewarding. I am indeed reminded of this each and every day. I love being reminded of the little things they see; the innocence and wonderment of life; and the joys of just being a kid. J&C really grew before our eyes this year as they made their way to accomplishing their first year of school. Lauren continues to assert her independence and wants to catch up to whatever J&C do. They are a reminder that I need to slow down a bit and take a moment to appreciate the gifts that God has given us.
My involvement in the Regional Green Governments Commission continues to inspire and motivate me. I love being surrounded by these folks who have the same passion and drive to not only make this world a better place, but to band together to try to have some level of impact on this region. Earlier this year, I was asked to lead the Green Waste Mgmt committee and look at ways to increase the level of recycling in this region. I am pleased to be working with a small group of individuals who have identified some key projects we hope to be working on in the coming months. I am very excited about this particular point in not only my personal and spiritual life, but also in my professional career.
So, what inspired me to write this particular post? I am nearing the end of Michael J. Fox's book "Always Looking Up" and find myself inspired by his optimism on life, given the extreme challenges he faces every day in battling Parkinson's disease. I have always admired him as a person and have enjoyed countless hours and years of watching him on TV and in movies (Back to the Future is one of my alltime favorite movies). In reading his memoir, he is adamant about not letting PD define him and who he is, but to take what has been given to him and turn it into something positive. He has done a tremendous job at not only raising awareness about PD, but continues to fight to find a cure. I am not going to go into the who stem cell debate whether you are for or against it. He doesn't let that stop him one bit. The book is clearly a reminder that we all have the power to turn something bad into something good.
It certainly has been a great year so far for us and may the rest of 2009 continue to bless us all.
No comments:
Post a Comment