Monday, August 3, 2009

Camping Adventure

I took the kids camping this past weekend to a local campground/lake and we had a great time! It was a lot of fun. We spent most of the day playing in the lake, swimming and 'rafting' around. After a day of swimming, we finally headed up to our campsite to set up and cook our dinner over a campfire. I realized while cooking that I forgot a few essentials things, but we made do with our provisions. I also realized a few things we needed to buy before our next camping trip.

At night we made our famous s'mores, which the kids absolutely loved! Always a staple with any given camping trip. I only let them have 3 each as I did not want them too high on the sugar so late at night. Once we settled into our tent, we took in the awesome display of heat lightning in the sky.

Thankfully, Jack did NOT get bit up at all by the bugs. We sprayed ourselves pretty well and even sprayed the outside of our tent as an extra precaution. Caroline and I did end up with a bit of a sore throat from the campfire and smoke. A minor hazard though :) Enjoy the pics




No comments: