Sunday, August 30, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday Lauren






This post is obviously one day late, but a special happy birthday goes out to Lauren! We cannot believe she is now 2 years old. It seems like only yesterday that we brought her home from MS. What an amazing two years it has been and she has been such a wonderful blessing to our family. We truly feel blessed to have her in our lives.

Stacey and I recall 2007 as our year of taking care of all the adoption stuff and getting ourselves ready to bring a new baby into this family; The anticipation and excitement of welcoming her into this world; and Stacey leaving for MS early before Lauren was born so she could be there. I didn't arrive until about 10 days later because Megan and Stacey had to take care of the MS adoption stuff. I couldn't wait to meet my new daughter! Then spending the next 2 1/2 days driving from MS to VA to meet the rest of the family. I remember Jack and Caroline proudly wearing their "I'm the Big Brother; "I'm the Big Sister" shirts the day we arrived, so excited to meet their new little sister. We will be forever grateful and thankful for the tremendous amount of support we received from family and friends and our SPC church family. What a special time it was for us.

Because Lauren absolutely LOVES Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, we decided this as the theme for her party. She received lots of great gifts and THANK YOU to everyone who called to give her birthday wishes and to those who came to her party to make her day even more special. She had a blast and loves her new toys and all the pajamas she got.

1 comment:

Tamra said...

Happy Birthday Lauren. Aww she's adorable.