I really do enjoy traveling to various parts of the country because it allows me to see and visit some truly amazing placed. What I enjoy most of all is stting in an airplane and looking at the amazing landscape below us. I find myself truly an awe at how God created all of this. My thoughts quickly turn to a bit of saddness as I look and see how we have scarred His land. Don't get me wrong, I still thik God created a beautiful Earth and there are so many untapped areas that are being preserved, but we all see and hear on a daily basis the environmental issues we face as a human race.
I feel that my environmental passion for the environment grows everyday and I become more empowered to do even more. I always question whether I am doing enough. Its a constant and internal struggle I face. I do consider myself an environmentalist; certainly not like Aldo Leopold, Gifford Pinchot, John Muir and Rachel Carson; all of whom I admire and consider heroes. I hope my/our efforts as a famiy are a step in minimizing our impact on this planet. We precycle/recycle, do not eat red meat, conserve energy and water, and buy organic when/where we can, but I still feel it isn't enough. I want to do more!
As an environmentalist, I feel that I need to do more in 'walking the talk" So, some additional steps I would like to implement include, buying a hybrid vehicle as our next car, purchasing renewable energy to offset our 'carbon footprint', look for ways to consume even less, and continue educating our kids on the value of this Earth that God created and mold them into stewards so they can become knowledgable in educating their generation, like I hope I have done with my friends. We can all be agents of change. If we don't do it for ourselves, let's do it for our kids!
If you are looking to change some ways/habits yourselves, I challenge you to find at least one thing a week to choose. It can be as simple as working toward to conserving energy, to recycling. Every little bit does make a difference; trust me, I know!
No comments:
Post a Comment