Thursday, January 12, 2012

6 Days To Go!

Went to LabCorp this morning to have some additional blood work taken care of. Just final routine stuff I guess.... Then headed to Wal-Mart to pick up some supplies, snacks, etc to have onhand with me at the hospital while I recover. Trying to get things in order before the surgery so we don't have to worry about anything when we get home. My parents arrive next Friday thankfully! My Dad will be a great help with keeping the kids busy, while my Mom can help with laundry, cooking and cleaning. With her blindness, unfortunately, she is limited to what she can do, especially in our house, since she isn't as familiar with the layout as she is with her own home.
This weekend, we will work to get the house cleaned and ready.

Today, I was given a nice surprise from two great friends of mine. They arranged to get 3 tickets to this Saturday's Broncos vs Patriots game in Boston. Road Trip!!! While I immediately wanted to jump at the opportunity to go, I did have to sit back and rationalize it. Although I GREATLY appreciated the gesture these two friends made, I had to turn down the offer. While talking it over with Stacey, the trip, as fun as it may be, would be too risky to take. I would not only be risking myself getting into an accident, getting stuck in Boston due to weather, or coming home sick, but I have to factor Gigi in all of this as well. Ultimately, this affects her too.

The nights continue to be a bit restless.... for some reason I am literally waking up every hour. I know some of it has to do with the upcoming surgery, but I find myself lying in bed thinking about Stacey and kids through all of this. Also worrying about my parents and making sure they get here safely next week. Of course, the natural fear of not making it through the surgery! I know I will be fine, but hey, I think it's normal for anyone to think they may not make it out of surgery. It's a natural emotion.... Honestly though, I know things will be fine and both Gigi and I will make it through this. We have received so many prayers and well wishes already and have a tremendous support system around us. God has blessed us in so many ways.

No comments: