Today was my official last day of working out before the surgery. I have been doing the P90X program for some time now (mostly for toning purposes) and most recently incorporated more of the strength training to it. I absolutely love the P90X program! I have been working out off and on for a number of years, with very little consistency over a set routine; but the P90X program has changed all that and I enjoy each and every workout they do. I know I get a great workout each time! I hope to be able to get back into it when my body is ready. I have been trying to get myself as physically fit as possible in an effort to improve my recovery time. Although the Doctors say that I am in good shape now and have no doubt that I will recover just fine, I still wanted to exercise as much as possible because I won't be able to do so for at least six weeks.
Now I will be resting up and taking it easy over the next few days to get myself physically, emotionally and mentally prepared. Overall, I think I am ready to do this, I have no second thoughts at all, I just want the day to come now! Looks like we are all set though.
As long as I do what the Doctors say during my recovery, I should be fine. My goal is to be back to my normal routine by March 1st. I have a list of races I want to do in the coming months along with a couple of triathlons I want to try this summer. I know that I not push myself, but allow my body enough time to heal properly. The next few weeks will certainly dictate what I can/cannot do.
There is still lots to do before Tuesday, so this weekend will be busy for sure. So many preparations to take care of. Everyone has been great and I thank everyone enough for all the love, support and prayers that have been offered. It truly has been overwhelming and I feel so blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment