Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

As with each year, we find ourselves making resolutions that at times seem nearly impossible to keep. The intention is there, but never seem to last as long as one would hope. Aside from the eating healthier and exercising more, I am going to try to do a better job at holding onto my resolutions this year. Some that have come to mind include:

Paying it Forward

Focusing more on the positive

Reading the Bible/Daily Devotionals with the family each night

Doing at least one family getaway a month

Working on being more patient

Volunteering with the kids - Read to kids at the HOPE House, sign up to serve dinner at the local Homeless Shelter, Help with the River Clean Up, are a few that we can do this year.

Today I downloaded "One Year of Dinner Table Devotions" that we will begin reading together. I am excited about doing this as a family. Tonight at the dinner table, we will have 3 days to catch up on, but that should be okay. Hopefully the kids will get some value out of it. We'll see....

Next will be to come up with a fun family activity to do either this weekend or next. After that, the rest of January will be booked.

To those out there who make New Years Resolutions, good luck and I hope you are able to stick with them this year, whatever they are!

No comments: