Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Love Working From Home
I have passed the 'trial' period of seeing how I would like working from home. I tell ya... I really enjoy it. I love waking up with the kids, having breakfast with them, and getting them ready for their day. I especially love picking them up from camp because they always act so surprised that it is me, rather than Mommy. It iwll be nice seeing them off to school and greeting them in afternoon when they get off the bus. If I still worked in Richmond, I would be missing out on all of this. You can't put a pricetag on that! Don't get me wrong, there are days where I really have to discipline myself to stay in my office and work. But I am getting used to it and have established a routine for myself. I don't think I will work from home for the rest of my professional career, but for now... it's nice. It has worked out really well and I am glad I am doing this now while the kids are young. I know the kids love it too, which makes it all the more worthwhile to me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
John,
I'm so glad you are enjoying working from home.
My favorite part of the day is when I get to pick the kids up from school. I love the huge hugs and the excitment and joy about how the day was.
Time goes by so quickly and soon they don't want MOM or DAD around. I'm in this phase too with Nick heading off to JR. High.
Thanks for the input on how to bond with the boys. I have gotten out and played baseball and basketball, swimming, games etc and this has helped us bond so much. I have to say I'm ready for a routine again. The boys are bored and fighting as taken over the Ritchie household.....LOL
Post a Comment