Thursday, August 21, 2008

You've Got To Be Kidding Me!!

Ok, this is going on "ridiculous." Let me explain....Jack & Caroline's school was to mail out postcards last week with the names of their teachers on it for the new year. While I was in MS, Caroline's card came and it said she was in Ms. Graninger's class. Fine, right? Well, Jack's card never came. So I called the school on Tuesday and asked why he didn't get a card. They looked in the computer and said, "Well, it says here that he's got Ms. Graninger." I say, "You sent me a card stating my daughter was in Ms. G's class" They look in Caroline's file and say "she's in Ms. Herbert's class." There is confusion now. They need to run this by the principal. I say, "Fine, call me back and let me know what the deal is." Next day I get a message on my machine apologizing that Jack's name got put in 2nd grade teacher's class (what? this is new to me) and that they will resend it with Ms. G's name. I called back, ask that they leave Carline in Ms. G's class since we told her already b/c of the first card we got and asked that Jack be in Ms. H's class since his friend Evan will be in that class. "Fine. We will send you new cards in the mail." I get another call this morning from someone else at the school who isn't privy to the past convos and she says Jack's original card came back to them and that they have the wrong address. "Can you verify your address, please?"(breath deeply) I re-explain the situation. She says, "Fine." Here's the kicker....I get both cards in the mail later on today and both say they are in Ms. H's class.
ARE.... YOU.... FREAKIN'... KIDDING... ME?????

3 comments:

d.ritchie said...

Schools can be soooooooo frustrating......You have to stay on them all the time. Sometimes I feel like the school nag.(HA HA)
You have to be very presistent.
Sorry this is your first experience with them.

Tamra said...

MY GOODNESS! Don't you hate it when people can't get it together???? I hope it gets fixed for you soon!

Rebecca said...

Stacy, welcome to the wonderful world of school! Take a deep breath - it will all work out though it might take a few more phone calls on your part! Good Luck with kindergarten! Becky