Thursday, October 16, 2008

Faith & the Environment

As many of you know, I hold a deep passion for the Environment. Some friends call me the "stuart little for the Earth"! About two years ago, Stacey and I watched a PBS documentary, Is God Green? This documentary made me realize that I was able to connect my professional career and passion for the environment and apply it to my faith. In reaching out to our Pastor, he encouraged me to give a testimony at our church to help raise the awareness among the congregation on what we can do at our church and what they can do individually. I then began a Creation Care Committee (which is temporarily on hold right now) that is made up of about 10 members of our church. I have recently been motivated to start this cause up again - this weekend, I will be speaking at the Kainus church during their sunday school class.

I feel that God is calling me again to help spread the word about His creation and how we can all become better stewards. You will be amazed at how many references their are in the Bible that speak of His creation and of our stewardship over it. I am eager, yet nervous, to get back into the swing of this and spread His word about creation care. I know He will be with me every step of the way. This door that was temporarily closed has been reopened again!

“The Earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it; the world, and all that lives upon it.” (Psalm 24:1)

3 comments:

Diana and Tracy Wheeler said...

Good for you John. God is leading you in his time. I'm excited for you!

d.ritchie said...

HOW GREAT JOHN....... GOOD LUCK TO YOU THIS WEEKEND.

Anonymous said...

That's great John.
One of my biggest pet peeves is when people pollute especially cigeratte butts. It drives me CRAZY!