Saturday, December 13, 2008

Good to be Home

After spending nearly 5 days in NJ, I am finally home! Although I enjoy the travel aspect of my job, I do hate being gone more than 3 days because I miss everyone so terribly. I left NJ this morning at 6am and didn't get back to VA until close to 1pm. The drive was a bit tough for me today - I had just heard the "Christmas Canon" song (a group of kids singing Merry Christmas with Pacha De Canon song; it's a nice song) and I found myself crying. I was crying for a number of reasons 1) hearing those kids sing made me miss mine SO much, 2) thinking about Jenna's kids and how they will have another Christmas without their Mommy, and then realizing just how much I miss my friend, and 3) thinking about little Caylee Anthony who has been in the news. My heart just sinks so heavily over her and this tragedy.

Then a sense of peace came over me and I found myself talking with God and thanking him for blessing me with such a wonderful wife and children and being able to become a father and husband, and praying for Jenna's kids for more comfort and healing this season and peace for Jenna and Caylee for they are with the Lord and I pray they are at peace in His arms and love.

I guess you could say I had one of those days..... I am glad to be home and back with my family. Let us remember those that are unable to be with their loved ones this Christmas; especially our troops who continue to protect us and fight for our security and freedom.

1 comment:

d.ritchie said...

Your so sweet. I know what you are saying though. I have been heart sick over the Kaylee incident too. I think all of America is......

I'm thankful for my wonderful family and friends. I miss Jenna also and hope her children have such a wonderful Christmas this year. I know last year was hard on them. It's hard to think of Christmas without hearing her voice, or singing some holiday jingle...... The memories bring a smile to my face and I'm praying for peace for her and peace for the children.

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and Happy and Safe New Year.