So the phone rings this evening around dinnertime and this little boy on the other end asks, "Is Caroline there?" (insert long pause here.) What? This can't be starting already. I ask the boy his name. It's Jacob "so-and-so" from Caroline's class. She's grinning from ear to ear. "Hi Jacob." (long pause) "What are you doing?" (long pause) "uh-huh". You get the drift. After they hang up I ask Caroline if she likes him and she says no. He's just a friend from school. Then she whips out all these little pieces of paper with these phone numbers on them. A bunch of the kids exchanged digits today at school. It just so happens Jacob called Caroline though. And not just once, I can pull his number off my caller ID six times. Uh huh.
Caroline decides she wants to call her friend Mei. They talk about how Jacob called Caroline. It's started, hasn't it??
No comments:
Post a Comment