I think I have recovered from this past weekend finally! It was the MAPOM Convention (Multiples Club) and our Club hosted this year! Almost 200 ladies came from all across VA & MD. It was 2 years in the making and I think we did a fabulous job. Friday night consisted of a 1980's themed party with a lip sync contest and tons of food and drinks! Our Club kicked off the event with the song from New Kids On The Block's "The Right Stuff" I am in the middle and it's hard to see me the first half of the video, but you'll see me :) Saturday we had various workshops for the ladies to attend. John presented the "Going Green in your Home" and it was awesome! Others included organic cooking, children and nature, scrapbooking, a book club discussion, and a Q&A panel of multiples in high school answering questions from the audience. We had a lovely guest speaker, Cheryl Lage, from Richmond. She wrote "Twinspiration" and has an awesome website www.twinsights.com. I lined her up as the keynote speaker and she was so funny and insightful. The Convention officially ended Satruday afternoon, but our group stuck around another night to go out and celebrate our successful weekend. The hotel gave us one of the suites for the weekend and we took advantage of another night together. We found ourselves dancing the night away at a local bar. Some of us ended up ON the bar dancing, but that's a story for another time! Most of all, I had fun with my fellow moms of multiples! They are such a great group of ladies!!! I love them dearly. I never laugh as much as I do than when I am with them. We cut up, act so silly, and laugh until our sides hurt. I have gone to various conventions with this group for the past 5 years and each year it gets better and better. We leave with so many fun memories and inside jokes. I feel so blessed to call these women my friends and I hope they all know how much they mean to me (DW, JH, AS, LM, MP, LB, MA, HO, ND, TV, SP) They help me keep my sanity with a little insanity and craziness. Thank you for "getting" me and loving me just the way I am :)Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Mothers of Multiples Convention
I think I have recovered from this past weekend finally! It was the MAPOM Convention (Multiples Club) and our Club hosted this year! Almost 200 ladies came from all across VA & MD. It was 2 years in the making and I think we did a fabulous job. Friday night consisted of a 1980's themed party with a lip sync contest and tons of food and drinks! Our Club kicked off the event with the song from New Kids On The Block's "The Right Stuff" I am in the middle and it's hard to see me the first half of the video, but you'll see me :) Saturday we had various workshops for the ladies to attend. John presented the "Going Green in your Home" and it was awesome! Others included organic cooking, children and nature, scrapbooking, a book club discussion, and a Q&A panel of multiples in high school answering questions from the audience. We had a lovely guest speaker, Cheryl Lage, from Richmond. She wrote "Twinspiration" and has an awesome website www.twinsights.com. I lined her up as the keynote speaker and she was so funny and insightful. The Convention officially ended Satruday afternoon, but our group stuck around another night to go out and celebrate our successful weekend. The hotel gave us one of the suites for the weekend and we took advantage of another night together. We found ourselves dancing the night away at a local bar. Some of us ended up ON the bar dancing, but that's a story for another time! Most of all, I had fun with my fellow moms of multiples! They are such a great group of ladies!!! I love them dearly. I never laugh as much as I do than when I am with them. We cut up, act so silly, and laugh until our sides hurt. I have gone to various conventions with this group for the past 5 years and each year it gets better and better. We leave with so many fun memories and inside jokes. I feel so blessed to call these women my friends and I hope they all know how much they mean to me (DW, JH, AS, LM, MP, LB, MA, HO, ND, TV, SP) They help me keep my sanity with a little insanity and craziness. Thank you for "getting" me and loving me just the way I am :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
What a great weekend!!! NKOTB was awesome! and who was that crazy girl on the bar????:)!!!
Stacey, you all KNOW how to throw a convention! Next time around, I'm comin' the night before! ;)
Thank you so much for including me, and for being so warm in welcome and spirit. Truly, it was an HONOR to meet you and all the FAMOM and extended MAPOM multiples mamas...
I'm still basking in the glow!
(and I love your blog!)
What a blast! Can't wait til next year!!
That was great! You guys were really in sync- oops! wrong group!!!!! What a bummer that the card ran out of room- I loved how you lined up and leaned out from behind each other. That was a great show you all put on. Sorry I'm not the best in videography!
Arms up!
Post a Comment