We all had a great weekend! When I bought my rain barrel a couple of months ago, I wanted to do a rain barrel workshop for neighbors and friends. In coordination with the Friends of the Rappahannock, I was able to get about 10 people on Saturday and we all made rain barrels, which we took home. It was pretty cool learning how to make one and I am excited about all the water people will be saving! I definitely encourage folks to consider getting one. Rain barrels are great for capturing and using the rainwater for gardens, flowers, bushes and trees.
Afterwards we headed down to Richmond with the Huff family to attend the Richmond Vegetarian Festival. The venue was much larger than we expected it to be and man, were there a lot of 'granolas' walking around! HA. Although as a family, we have made a conscious effort not to eat red meat and are purchasing mostly organic foods, we have not become strict vegetarians yet. However, our friend Jennifer continues to educate us in helping us make more healthier choices. Go Tofutti!!
Father's Day was nice.... after church we went over to Pops & Gigi's house for a BBQ. Stacey and the kids gave me a 2-in-1 edger/trencher for the yard. I used it last night, and it works great! Have a great week everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment