Monday, June 1, 2009

Murphy's Law

Why is it when John leaves to go out of town on business at least one of the kids or myself gets sick?? I'm totally serious. Eight times out of ten someone gets sick when he's gone. This time is no different. Lauren spiked a fever yesterday and now she's covered in a rash. If I had to guess, I would say strep or roseola. Maybe even scarlet fever. I am on hold with the pediatrician's office as I type trying to get an appoinment for today. I had both a Stroller Strides class and a Baby Signs class to teach this morning. I just got off the phone with everyone to let them know classes are cancelled ....Thank goodness Lauren is being a trooper. Other than the fever and rash, she's acting ok all things considered.

Update: My pediatrician can't see her today, so I made an appointment with the only other pediatrician in town. One of the downfalls of living in a small town on the outskirts of the big city of FredVegas! Wish us luck!!

3 comments:

manda said...

The emergency care center by my house- in front of the Home Depot, is great.

John and Stacey Broughton said...

Sending you thoughts and love from Dallas. Sorry that this always happens when I am gone.

Rebecca said...

It NEVER fails, if there is ONE day that I just really really can't take off without it being totally a pain, someone will definitely get sick that day! It happened several times this year! I work at the twins preschool and the school is really flexible but sometimes there is a conference or special event where every teacher is needed on hand including substitutes and no room for being out. Yep, my boys will get a fever for sure! Dylan had strep 3 times in 8 weeks this past winter. Poor guy but what a pain. Hope Lauren does okay (can't imagine your dr not being able to see her???). Hang in there!