Sunday, July 20, 2008

My Friend Stacey Watson's CarePage Entry:

Cancer sucks and cancer is hell. I have been going along lately and returning to "normal" pretending it doesn't exist. Pretending my precious baby is no longer sick. Pretending everything is just fine. Then reality sets in and God reminds me where I am. JP wakes up stuffy nosed and not feling well yesterday. He begins a slight fever. He screams in pain from his legs hurting - again. I have to give him Codeine to stop the pain. Stop the tears. I have to give him more Zofram to stop the vomitting. Yes, he is still sick. I take a step back and re-group. Dale goes to church with his friend and JP and I snuggle and watch tv. He wakes up today and sneezes and snot flies everywhere. He tells me how disgusting it is and he needs a tissue. He still has a low fever. He curls up on the couch with his pillow and blankie Grammy made just for him. He wants to be snuggled and held.

A while ago, I had to stop following some other Care Pages because I just couldn't do it. I was sad and angry that so many children are affected and sometimes taken by this nasty disease. I can't take seeing another child perish in their parents arms. WHY???? Remember Coleman Scott (CP: ColemanScott)? The other twin with cancer? I had to stop watching him. It was too much for me to bear. Then, I had dinner with my gal pal, Adina, and she was wearing a "Team Larson" bracelet (from Coleman.) I told her I had to stop following him and she told me NO! He is doing GREAT! She got me up to speed and we laughed and smiled and talked about Coleman and Caden. So I try to catch up on some of his page and just smile. Another victory! Then today, I check again. And as Carmen said, the word relapse should be banned from every dictionary in every language! It isn't fair! Then I check JuJus page (CP: JuliansWorld). I love Mimi (his Mom.) She is a great gal. I can't imagine losing a child. And there it is. Mimi's next video (which includes JP). This is only one of several vidoes Mimi has created. I will warn you that the video is extremely difficult to watch. If you are at work, save it for home...

This is what Mimi has to say...

"Watch these again and again. Look in their faces. Look in their eyes. Beg God to never take another one away from their mothers, fathers and siblings. Post these videos on your CBs or CPs or Blogs. Someone will see these and will be able to make a difference. Don't turn away, if you do, you are failing not only these children, our children, but also your children. Your little Justin or Kayla might well be taking a nap perfectly healthy today, but are you sure they will be tomorrow???

IT DOESN'T JUST HAPPEN TO OTHERS!!!!

I am once again angry. CANCER, LEAVE OUR BABIES ALONE!!! GO AWAY!!!

Please everyone, go tell Peggy, Coleman and Team Larson how much they mean and that we are all here with them all the way !!!! CP : ColemanScott"

Thank you, Mimi... We will always miss your King JuJu


1 comment:

d.ritchie said...

This was the saddest video I have ever seen. I will pray for strength for all the mothers and fathers who have to bare this illness each day. I can't even imagine their fears,and pain. Evey struggle in life doesn't compare to losing a child, or watching this illness take the child they knew.