Friday, July 11, 2008

Our Vermont Trip

This year's trip to Vermont was by far the best trip. It was a jammed-packed, fun-filled good time. The weekend festivities started off with a long overdue family reunion at my cousin Lisa's camp down at Lake Dunmore on July 4th. I saw cousins that I had not seen in easily 15 years. Jack and Caroline even got to meet some of their cousins, the next generation is what we all called them. It was great to see all the younger kids play together. It brought back memories for us older ones of playing in the backyard of Grandma and Grandpa Broughton's house. Seems just like yesterday.... now it's our kids turn. The sad part is that none of us live close to each other. Hopefully Jack, Caroline, and Lauren will get a chance to know their cousins (aside from Noah, Kirby, Leia, Nicholas, and Brenna of course).

On Saturday, we had a surprise 70th birthday party for Dad. The party turned out GREAT! I know that Dad really enjoyed himself. That night we all camped out in the back yard, it was great. I am still having a hard time believing that my father has turned 70! He still acts so young and full of life. 70 is just a number to him because he is still going like he is 60. Keep it up Dad!

On Sunday, my father finally got his wish of having a family portrait done. We all went over to Shelburne Farms (an environmental education farm that the Vanderbilt/Webb family donated to the state) that sits right along the shores of Lake Champlain. Hopefully the pics turn out great!

It was hard leaving Vermont; I always have a tough time leaving 'home'. It certainly is nice to visit when we get a chance. But, boy what a long drive it is! Enjoy the pictures.

No comments: