Wednesday, November 5, 2008

History Was Made

Regardless of who you voted for yesterday, we all knew that history was going to be made one way or the other. As the results came in, America elected its first African American President. Truly a turning point for the USA.

Stacey and I took the kids with us to vote to show them how the whole process works and the importance of voting and why we do vote. They were very interested in it and even received an "I Voted" sticker! Last night after getting our free dinner and desert from Chick-Fil-A and Krisy Kreme (because we voted), we headed home to watch the election. J&C wanted to stay up and watch, but they knew the results wouldn't come in until late. However, they both woke up asking who won. As you can see from our previous post, the video shows that we may have some future political leaders in the making! HA

I think watching and experiencing this was neat for them and I hope they will remember. I am sure they will be talking about it at school today.

No comments: