It's official! I am starting a Stroller Strides Fitness Program in Fredericksburg. I am the proud franshisee owner as of last week. What is Stroller Strides you may ask?
Stroller Strides is the nation's leading mom and baby fitness program in the US. Their philosophy is "helping moms make strides in fitness, motherhood, and life." Their values include "helping moms achieve their ultimate potential, both physically and emotionally, offering support and education for moms, inspiring moms to reach optimal health and well being and inspiring children to emulate their moms and make fitness a part of their lives." Sounds awesome, right??
Let me back up for you...In September 2006 I contacted Stroller Strides to get more information on their franchise and business. At the time there was a "hold" on selling franshises in Virginia. So I put their email in my "saved" folder and went on with my life. I had always kept them in the back of my mind though because it seemed like a really interesting and unique program. Jump ahead 2 years.... The twins are now in Kindergarten and it's just me and Lauren during the day. I started looking at ways to bring in some extra income, but needed to do something that had the flexibilty of having a baby in tow. I still teach Baby Signs®, but my it's very part-time for me. So I was having lunch with 2 of my friends when we started talking about home-based businesses and I brought up Stroller Strides to them. They thought it was a fantastic idea! I emailed the company again and the "hold" had been lifted in Virginia! YEAH! I started my journey right then and there. I had several telephone interviews, talked with various people in the business, went down to Richmond and attended a class to experience it firsthand and I was looking to get on board. They ran a demographic report for the area and (just as I thought) the #s were exceptional/above average. They look at things like % of children 0-4 yrs and average family incomes, etc. My one hesitation was the economy, but their figures showed no decrease in class sizes or franchise retention rates. The startup cost is very reasonable. The franschise is based on zip codes or territories. I bought 3 of the more populous zip codes in Fredericksburg including the City. I can hold classes anywhere I want within my zip codes. Indoor facilities include malls, indoor venues like the local Field House. Outdoor locations are endless. Parks, neighborhoods, walking trails, you name it. They recommend to start at one location and since my Grand Opening will be sometime in January, I am looking to start at the local mall 3 days a week. You can find all the information on Stroller Strides at www.strollerstrides.com. To find my site, type in the zip 22401. I started my online training modules and live meetings this week and I will be heading to San Diego in early December for their 2-day intensive training and certification program. There's a lot to do before my grand opening and I am trying to get all my "ducks in a row" AND juggle the family, house, friends, twins club, etc. Wish me luck! For those of you local, start spread the word in town for me! I want to personally thank my loving husband and my wonderful parents for being supportive of this venture. It means the world to me that I have your support. I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful family!
1 comment:
I'm thrilled for you! What an exciting new path! I'll spread the word whenever I have a chance. :)
Post a Comment