Saturday, July 14, 2007

Poker Night with "A Full House"

Tonight was Guys Poker Night here at the house. Mike K, Patrick N, John L, and Eric M came over for our monthly get together of Poker. I was proud of the fact that I won three hands, but still managed to be the second one out. I will win one night eventually, maybe even this year! Yeah, right...we'll see about that. It was worth the $20 and had a good time hanging out with the guys.

While the guys were playing Poker in the basement, Stacey was dealing with a Full House of her own with 5 youngins' running around. Since Diana watched Jack and Caroline last night while Stacey and I had date night (dinner and a movie), we reciprocated the offer and had Madison, Mason and Emma over here. I think they all went down a little after 10:00. After all was quiet and the guys left, Stacey found comfort in a bottle of Mich Ultra! Some days you just need a drink ;)

Earlier this afternoon, the Ladysmith HOA hosted a Summer BBQ Block Party over by the playground and provided BBQ, hot dogs, burgers, gift bags for kids, and even provided the music with a live band. It was great. Stacey and I are really enjoying our neighborhood and we continue to meet many great people. The next gathering the HOA will be hosting is on October 19 and 20 where they have invited all the homeowners and any one interested (this serves as your invite to join us!) to come on down for a Jack-o-latern contest. We will remind our close family and friends as the date nears, but mark your calendars. The HOA is bringing in 1,500 pumpkins! Should be fun.

No comments: