Monday, August 27, 2007

All's Quiet...For The Time Being

I arrived down here yesterday afternoon just before 3pm. Meghan, Shari, and Bill picked me up from the airport. After a quick trip to the grocery store, we were back at their place and settled in for the evening. Today has been real low-key. I am taking advantage of the quiet time b/c it's going to be few and far between in a couple of days. Meghan was feeling fine this AM so decided to drive to campus and sit through her three classes today. She plans on doing the same tomorrow if there are no changes. She has an appointment tomorrow afternoon and if there's still no change, we will head over to the hospital EARLY Wednesday morning for her induction. Shari and Bill are at work and my cousin Sam is at school so it's just me and Dixie hanging out at the house! They are about 1 1/2 blocks from the beach so I think I will take Dixie for a walk in a little bit.

I can't remember the last time I had NOTHING to do. It's a weird feeling. I miss John and the kids terribly. John left me a wonderful message on my phone yesterday morning assuring me that the time away from them will be worth it in the end and he was so happy we were doing this. He is so thoughtful and caring...

I called John at work and then called the house to check on Gigi and the kids. Everyone seems to be doing fine. Mom was taking the kids to meet Pops for lunch. Jack's throat is finally healing to a point where he is able to pretty much eat anything he wants again. Thank goodness. It was a rough 8 days!

So I will just hang tight and wait until Wednesday. It will be here before we know it. I've got my phone with me if anyone wants to call and chat in the meantime!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you guys. Cant wait to meet Lauren. Enjoy your quiet time b/c the fun will begin soon!!!!!!

d.ritchie said...

I'm very excited for you. You must be on the edge of your seat. I can remember the feeling so well when the date rears. The anticipation is overwhelming at times.. I hope you can enjoy yourself before the baby comes.. I hope Labor is not too long for her. Wish her the best for me. I will be thinking of you on Wednesday and God Bless.

Tamra said...

I am eagerly awaiting!