Thursday, August 23, 2007

Still Waiting

I decided not to leave Wednesday after all. So I am still here in VA trying to decide if I should leave Saturday or Sunday. Meghan's doctor will induce her on Wednesday (8/29) if she still hasn't had any changes at her Tuesday appt. She's back at school starting her second year at Perk Comm College and is living in the dorms and going to classes like any other co-ed until she goes into labor. Talk about brave!

Meghan is really hoping to go into labor before that b/c Wednesday is the anniversary of Katrina and they were hit hard down there and lost everything including their home. Some of you may recall my aunt, uncle, and Meghan's brother Sam coming up here to live for about 4 months after Katrina. Meghan stayed down there to finish high school. We kept Dixie (their lovable Golden Retriever during that time) which Jack and Caroline pronounced "Dipsy." So she would prefer not to have the baby on Katrina's anniversary. It's understandable.

Like I said before, we will keep everyone updated as things progress. Meghan and I talk
(i.e. text) everyday and she'll let me know ASAP if she's heading to the hospital which is about 45 minutes from campus. I think she'll be going back to her parents house this weekend for my arrival. I will be staying with them while I am down there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I'm sure you must be sooo anxious! That was so nice of you to welcome them to your home during Katrina...

d.ritchie said...

I can't believe how brave and couragous Meghan is. She is a Hero in my book....... Wish her all the best for me, and I hope she goes soon.