Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Finding Peace with What Happened

Jenna's mother spoke with Dr Grier to find out what happened to Jenna. HOW did she go from being FINE and feeling FINE to being critical? The unfortunate reality is that someone with Leukemia can dies from either an infection or a brain bleed. If you get a brain bleed you will deteriorate VERY quickly and die. Apparently Jenna got one and things happened so fast they had very little time and she went into a coma pretty quickly so she was unaware of what happened. The problem is since Jenna's platelets were too low there was NO way to do surgery to stop it........and they gave her platelets but her body wasn't taking them and/or working since Chemo also knocks them down so once you get a bleed at that point you can bleed to death. It's one of the RISKS of chemo and Leukemia in general. Also, she went into respitory failure after she went into the coma- and they had her on a breathing tube and then her heart stopped. NOTHING they could have done would have saved her. I am just grateful that she didn't know what was happening or was not in any pain. I know she is at peace. I have started reading again "90 Minutes in Heaven" to remind me of the place Jenna is in now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, just wish they did a cat scan that night when she had that bad headache.

I finished that book John, Ninety Minutes in Heaven. Good. One I just read that I like even better is Talking to Heaven by James Van Praagh a famous medium. SOOOO good! Now want to get his other one right away. So uplifting and encouraging.

d.ritchie said...

I'm in the process of starting 90 minutes in Heaven on vacation next week.
I think we are all relieved Jenna didn't know what was happening. She was resting and at peace. I know this information helped me move on....as much as anyone can.