Monday, August 13, 2007

To Meghan

I found a poem online that expresses my feelings about Meghan. I cannot take credit for the words, but they are what I feel in my heart:


All the words in the world
could never express the way I feel about you.
I know our paths were meant to cross
I hope you feel that way too.

I wish for you a wonderful life
I know great things are in store for you
because you are strong and will never give up
you will make your dreams come true.

You are giving me a treasure

worth far more than silver or gold.
A beautiful daughter, a child of God,
a precious new life to shape and mold.

I am grateful to you for giving her life
You knew what was to be her fate
You chose to take the harder path
You proved your love for her was great.

I promise you that I will tell her
of the great courage that you have shown,
And that she is deeply loved by another
to her you will not remain unknown.

I hope you will find comfort in knowing
she will be deeply loved and cherished too
she will never want for anything
I owe her life to you.

I pray for guardian angels
to guide you and ease your way
I know you will always feel our Saviors' love
because of the sacrifice you made.

3 comments:

manda said...

I was all excited Lauren was here! I haven't met Meghan, but I like her immensely just from what you've said of her, and now after this poem, even more so.

Diana and Tracy Wheeler said...

What a great poem! That's like when you find just the perfect card at Hallmark. Yes, Meghan is so selfless to do this for Lauren. What a gift that she will have to have two mothers to love her endlessly. :)

d.ritchie said...

This is beautiful. I'm so gald she choose LIFE. Good luck and I will pray for Meghan in the coming days. This is one of the most beautiful things a person can do, but also the hardest. Giving a child up for adoption is truely a gift of love.......GOD BLESS YOU MEGHAN